Button Garden

Wednesday 4 November 2009

A sense of time

My favourite things at the moment...

To see...
Ysolda's Whimsical Little Knits 2 is at the printing stage! I already have the downloads of the patterns already but there's nothing like holding the pages in your hands and breathing in that fresh new book smell. I really like Ysolda's designs, they are so different from things you can buy in the shops - its the extra details that make them so special like the fan shaped shell pattern on her Peaks Island Hood.

To hear...


Florence + the Machine album Lungs - this is pretty much the soundtrack to my life right now. We went to see her at the Shepherd's Bush Empire last month and she is amazing live. Check her out on Spotify!

To smell...


The gunpowder from fireworks. I love bonfire night, I always pretend that my sparkler is a magic wand :-)

To feel...


Wool! This picture was taken at the Knitting & Stitching show at Alexndra Palace, don't you just want to plunge your hands in it? I love the feel of wool - it has to be good quality though. Helen calls me a wool snob but acrylic mixes 'squeak' and make my teeth itch - yuk!

To taste...

Jool's favourite beef stew by Jamie Oliver - yum!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I like how you walked us through your senses. Neat.

karen said...

Hi from a fellow Herts person.Check this free class out http://www.feelgoodphotos.co.uk/blog/
and have you been here yet?
http://www.jolie-home.co.uk/
if you like knitting its a little paradise.I used to live in the village.

Liberty :) said...

This is a fab idea for a layout! well done you!

Unknown said...

Like the way i got a mention ;) You are a wool snob, but i wouldn't have you any other way :) x x x

Jocelyn said...

That was a great way to step through your favourites, I love it. Now I am off to find the recipe for that stew mmmm

Sian said...

The stew looks delicious and that knitted hood is gorgeous..I could really do with one of those!

scrappyjacky said...

I love the way you've done your favourites....I love seeing fireworks,but definately not smelling them.

Post a Comment