Button Garden

Tuesday 10 November 2009

How to organise your life - Step 1 Find a Notebook



Every now and then I get a new obsession – usually after seeing something amazing on somebody’s blog or from visiting craft shows. I’m one of those people that just has to have the new fangled thing which then proceeds to sit in a box under the desk gathering dust. I might buy a new book and do nothing else apart from read. I can get into a crocheting mode when all I’m happy doing is curling up on the sofa with my wool and ignoring the washing up. As a result I have an ‘oh deary me my life is so disorganised everything is falling apart around me and I just can’t cope’ moment too. You know what its like – several different to do lists scattered around the place each one getting bigger as you procrastinate by moaning about how much you have to do and how little time there is - all the time you could be getting off your bum and ticking things of your list…if only you could find it… (your list that is – not your bum!). You do know that feeling too, right? It’s not just me?

I really enjoy trying to organise myself. I will go to the shops and buy new stationery – pretty folders, dividers, note books, diaries and pens. I will spend a good few evenings hunched over my new pretties setting myself goals, timetables and deadlines. I will feel renewed, positive and focused. Before you know it I’m feeling in control again. Everything is fine. I can manage my job, my house, my craft obsession AND spend time with my husband, friends and family, no problem! Who needs a timetable? Just go with the flow….And then one morning I wake up and I’ve been ‘flowing’ so much I haven’t noticed the washing piling up, the cupboards emptying, my ‘to do pile’ overflowing…

I ask myself all the time – why can’t I be one of those people always on top of their chores? Why can’t I be organised enough to take my camera with me when I’m out on a walk? Why can’t I get my work/life balance quite right?

Maybe I just haven’t found the right notebook yet.

10 comments:

helena said...

LOL and there are so many lovely notebooks out there and then I tend to want to not spoil them by using them for a mundane list and do the list on the back of an old envelope!

mom said...

Well Donna Marie, what a fabbulus(sp intentional)blog. I love the flowers and the way its set out.I will be visiting often. xx

melissa said...

what I can see of the tree notebook is just darling. I spent some time this weekend getting myself organized (I posted about it on Monday). Like you, I have a LOVE of getting myself organized.
Oh, and when things like chores get behind I like to think it's because I am too busy enjoy life and all it's little things to let mundane tasks get in teh way ;-)

sharyncarlson said...

LOL, oh I've had these exact same thoughts! I do love trying to organize myself, just like you :) And great LO's!

yellowsunnybear said...

Yep - you need just the right notebook. I'm still looking!

Unknown said...

We have been trying to organise our lives as long as i can remember chick! Maybe we should spend less time organising our lives and more time enjoying them? As i get older i seem to be accepting more and more that i will never really be an organised person - i think i will just settle for a 'happy' one :D

Love your blog chicken!
See you later
Hx

Anonymous said...

LOL - love it! Great looking blog, I'm adding it to my must read list.
Visiting from Shimelle's class.

DragonsLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DragonsLady said...

Gee - you must have been in my house! I've got oodles of notebooks, even 3-ring binders (up to 4 inches wide!) to help me with my organizing processes (catastophies, grand ambitions, wishful thinking.) Why? Because, not only do I create the to-do lists, but I PRINT OUT ALMOST EVERY HELPFUL HINT FROM CLASSES AND WEBSITES and file them away in the binders. I hope you find that magic notebook that gives you the ambition to organize and the glue to stick to it. - If you do - will you please share where you found it? Thanks.

Kim Winter said...

I think my problem is that I get sidetracked by the pretty paper and pens. Then I have to get them organized!!! My lists have lists...

Post a Comment