Button Garden

Monday 2 November 2009

I hereby declare my intentions...



Well its the first day of Shimelle's class and I've already learnt some important things. From reading He Got Down On One Knee earlier I realised that I spend more time looking at other people's blogs than my own. I can spend hours a day gazing at the lovely pictures that other people take, their creative ideas and being amazed at all the wonderful things that they find the time to do. No wonder I'm always moaning that I never have the time to pursue my own craft projects!

I've also discovered how wonderful it feels when someone you have never met takes the time to visit your blog and leave a comment. I can't believe how long I have been surfing the blogosphere and never posted. I've always been worried that I would sound lame or insincere, that my comments would somehow 'taint' an otherwise perfect blog. How wrong could I be? Just the fact that someone has taken the time to read what I have to say, look at my photos AND bothered to write something nice makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

My intentions for Shimelle's class were simple - to learn more about blogging and invest some time making mine better. Now my intentions have changed - I'm going to spend more time using my blog as a channel for my creative interests rather than just ogling everyone elses and not using my time effectively. A way of setting aside more time for ME. I need to listen to my own advice - I'm always telling the children in my class not to compare themselves to anyone else, as long as you are trying your best and improving then everything is ok!

Sometimes I won't be able to post and thats ok.
Sometimes I won't have suitable photos and will have to trawl through totally unrelated (but very pretty)ones like above and thats ok.
Sometimes I will spend far too long lurking around forums to work out how to upload things to Google Reader only to find out someone else has done all the hard work for me in a much shorter amount of time....but thats ok too :-) x

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hi Donna! What a pretty blog and wise words. Thanks for leaving me a lovely comment and - oh my wow - you gave me a mention! I'll love you forever for that x

Kim Winter said...

very wise words. I look forward to seeing more as we go on this journey...

Rachel Brett said...

Excellent blog Donna and I love the post - very inspirational. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

Post a Comment