Button Garden

Sunday 22 November 2009

Lovely


Every now and then I need to stop and look around me. It's far too easy to get wrapped up in 'doing stuff' and not actually living. I know that sounds daft but I find that weeks often go by and I'm just spending my time racing around like a headless chicken but not achieving anything worthwhile.

This week many people are preparing for Thanksgiving. They will be getting together with their families and friends and taking stock off all that they have to be thankful for. I don't know whether it is reading about people's preparations, or just how unelievably close it is to the end of the year, but I feel the need to do this too.

Without really knowing it, or planning for it, there have been so many changes in my life this year, there have been challenges, successes, achievements and so many good things. Its easy to think about the big things but often it is the small things that make a big difference.

The journalling above says:
Sometimes its nice to sit back and think about the good stuff in life.
The people that matter. The things that make life worth living.
Its nice to be thankful for those little things that make your heart
beat a little louder. That makes you smile.
That helps you to remember that really people are...lovely.


My lovely list:
* an unexpected smile
* an insignificance remembered
* a promise honoured
* an honest compliment
* an unrequested gift
* an unconditional love
* a shared memory
* a beautiful moment
* sincere gratitude
* a secret kept

When I look at my list it makes me happy because every one of them has been a moment this year that has made my heart smile.

This post is dedicated to all the *lovely* people who have visited my blog during Shimelle's class. Thank you so much for your kind words and comments, they really are appreciated. A special thank you to Angela for my award:

Wow! *blush* I don't know what else to say apart from a heartfelt thank you.

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow for my 5 random facts and list of blogs I'm going to pass the award onto!

1 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Beautiful layout & the journaling is wonderful!

Post a Comment