Button Garden

Saturday 23 October 2010

Down on the farm

This time of year always makes me think about growing my own fruit and vegetables.  I think its seeing all the lovely pumpkins and apples around.  I'm not organised enough to fit self-sufficiency into my life but I do appreciate quality, locally produced food that hasn't been tampered with or had to travel across the world to get to my plate.  Thankfully there are people out there who make it easier to be lazy and still get lovely grub!

We went to Church Farm today - it wasn't planned, just one of those spur of the moment things.  Don't you love it when your plans change unexpectedly and you end up having a lovely day?  We met some cute chicks, some very snuffly pigs and had a mooch around the farm shop.  The cafe there is very nice too and they have the biggest jacket potatoes I've ever seen!

I'm also lucky to work somewhere with lots of apple trees - I think I may have to go scrumping so I can make this!

1 comments:

Rachel Brett said...

That jacket potato looks delicious! :)

Post a Comment