Button Garden

Tuesday 8 December 2009

Neglect

Oh my poor neglected blog! My intentions of blogging everyday in December are completly dashed due to being taken to bed with the consumption - alas! Ok, I may be overdoing the dramatics there a little bit....not like me at all! My mommmy says I'm 'expressive' not the 'drama queen' my colleagues refer to :-)

Well, today was my first day back at work after feeling apalling all weekend so I have been fairly miserable with no festive excitment going on at all! No Dickensian Christmas Fayre for me on Friday....boo! No festive wrapping of presents whilst supping mulled wine and listening to Christmas music...double boo! And no Christmas craftiness at all...triple boo!

Very miffed about the whole thing - especially when my workload always triples after being away. I would have been in danger of being completely grumpy and very bah humbug if it wasn't for this lovely lady....


Ah Kirstie! I love you! An hour of watching Kirstie's Homemade Christmas is enough to rekindle anyones flailing festive mojo. With my snowball in one hand and my notebook in the other I'm now feeling lovely and inspired again - just need to finish all my work and get on top of the household chores before finally I can get started on enjoying my advent.

You can catch up on Kirstie's programme on 4OD if you missed it (yay!) she is also on tomorrow night too (double yay!) AND on Thursday as well (triple yay!) Wahoo!

Mmmm....maybe I've had too much advocaat now... :-) x

3 comments:

Angela said...

I watched Kirsty myself on Tues but missed it last night. I love Kirsty but after the programme I felt a bit inadequate! Was it just me or did you think she had a look of having had her lips done?!

nikki said...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hexagons are addictive !

The paper enclosed is isometric paper, it can be used to cut a variety of different size hexagons and diamonds.

The picture shows a plate made from the hexagons

¨ Photocopy the sheet of isometric paper and keep the original sheet.

¨ Cut out hexagons from the isometric paper. Cut out the fabric approx 1/4 inch bigger than the paper hexagon all the way round.

¨ Place paper hexagon on the back of cut fabric and fold the fabric around the paper hexagon and tack down the seams. Prepare lots of hexagons in this way in different fabrics.

¨ Place a pair of hexagons face to face and do a small over stitch along one edge. Open out and continue sewing the hexagons together in this way

¨ You can make many patterns from the hexagons.

¨ You can carry on making the piece bigger and bigger or use the ‘plates’ to add into projects.

Enjoy

nikki said...

http://moxyideas.com/?page_id=328
donna here is a great link for free printable hexagons and other templates.

Post a Comment