Button Garden

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Magic


Christmas starts for me the moment that I put up my tree. Some people think the 1st is too early, others put there's up earlier, but mine always goes up on the first day of December - because that for me is when the magic starts.

I have a fake tree, I would like to have a real one but I find it so depressing to see all of them abandoned by the dustbins in January! I know I could plant my own one but I once bought a tiny 30cm spruce from a market back home in Birmingham for my mum - it cost £1.99 and was covered in fake snow. After the holidays she planted it in the rockery...big mistake. That little tree grew and grew until my dad had to try and 'trim' it. He cut off the branches that he could reach and it ended up looking like a giant topiary lollipop!


I love getting down all my decorations out of their boxes, unwrapping the tissue paper and enjoying finding things I had forgot I had. I was so pleased when I pulled out this felt snowflake - I'm going to attempt to make my own versions of these, I think they'll look lovely as coasters, what do you think?


I had hoped to make a layout today for my journal but I'm feeling very under the weather at the moment. Instead I'm going to enjoy one of these wonderful hot toddies and go to bed with my hot water bottle.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

it's beautiful! i put my tree up a bit earlier this year as we are going away for the holidays but i usually do it dec 1st as well!

hope you are feeling better - a hot toddy sounds GREAT!

(p.s. that's really funny about the tree that turned into a giant topiary! LOL!)

Post a Comment