Button Garden

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Excitement




December is finally here and I couldn’t be happier.

This is my absolute favourite time of year – I love the weather, the celebrations, the traditions but most of all the excitement. Today at work there were definitely two camps of people, you could hear the murmurs everywhere… I haven’t even started my shopping yet….There’s too much to do…Its turned so cold…And on the other side….I can’t wait to put up my tree…There’s only 3 more weeks till we break up…I’m so EXCITED!!!!

I’m definitely in camp two. Who am I kidding? I’m the camp leader :-)

I don’t know what shapes our views about this time of year, and I’m not sure if I’ve just been really lucky to have so many happy memories of Christmas, but I do believe that those people who express such stress, anger and bitterness towards the holiday have either misunderstood, or forgotten what it is about.

There are many reasons why Christmas can be stressful, and its no surprise that all of the comments in Camp Humbug today were from staff members and not the children! So what stops us looking forward to Christmas? Well, I’m not going to dwell on that – I’m going to focus on everything that makes this holiday the BEST and I’m going to record it so that should I ever get close to the gates of Camp Humbug I can look back at my memories of Christmas past and remind myself why I feel so excited today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment